The day before Timex Run event, friends from Runrio told me that only selected sports bloggers has given a chance to run with Piolo Pascual at 10K starting line and I was one of them. I was excited so, I decided to buy a new pair of shoes to look cool for that moment. I went to different running shoes in BGC but I ended up at Riovana.
A lady crew from Riovana who helped me choose the proper shoes for my foot shape also advice me to check out their Experia Thorlos socks since my running shoes has not break-in yet. She said running shoes has to break-in approximately six (6) weeks prior the race run. This is to avoid injuries like blisters and foot pain.
I tried the sample socks and it was really soft. It has padding in the toes and heels. When I tried it in my new running shoes, it was cushioned.
During my 10k run, I was impressed by Experia Thorlos socks because I didn’t feel my shoes while running. The material was superb, it was very light and breathable. Texture was not that thick and thin. It was a blessed run because I didn’t get injured and blistered. This socks saved my day.
The Thorlos socks run about Php800.00 to Php900.00 per pair. A bit pricey but sulit!
- Mesh Polyester for maximum breathability
- Nylon covered Lycra® provides contoured aerodynamic glove-like fit
- Lightweight Achilles Tendon Pad protects against rubbing and chafing, while functioning as a heel lock
- Specially sculpted Thorlo® pads in the ball and heel provide protection from shear and impact where needed
- EXPERIA® eliminates all but the most essential padding, significantly reducing the weight of the sock
- COOLMAX® Enhanced Performance in the ball and heel pads provide enhaned moisture management
- 66% CoolMax® / 20% Nylon / 13% Polyester / 1% Elastic
Thorlos is now in the Philippines and their socks are now available at Riovana, ROX, Toby’s Sports, Rustans, Taf and Planet Sports.